DB1 - CLOCK AND NUMERIC LED DISPLAY BOARDS
The DB1 comes in two varieties based on the LED display module installed on the board.
The DB1-CLOCK display has four 7-segment characters and one colon. It is perfect for
all sorts of time displays.
The DB1-NUMERIC display has four 7-segment characters, each with a right-hand decimal point.
It is just the thing for measurement readouts.
If your application doesn't require a colon or decimal point then either DB1 model should work.
The DB1 is based on the MC14489 LED display driver integrated circuit.
It is compatible with the Motorola SPI and National MICROWIRE serial interfaces.
A software "bit-banging" interface can easily be written for any microcontroller
that doesn't have one of these special serial ports.
As shown by the examples at the right the MC14489 can display the full range of
hexadecimal characters plus many special characters -
see the MC14489 data sheet on the Data & Documentation page for full details.
Four annunciator LEDs are located near the corners of the LED display.
These are handy for indicating things like alarms, data ranges, overflows, low battery, etc.
CUSTOMERS' PROJECTS USING THE DB1
An internet clock.
A digital thermometer.
Please let us know about your project!
- Dimensions: 1.26" high by 4.74" wide (32 x 120.4 mm)
- Fits internal slots in the following plastic cases: Simco 150X5, Pactec CM5-125, Bud PC-11402
- Annunciators: four T-1 red LEDs
- LED display module:
- size = 0.75" high by 2" wide by 0.315" deep (19 x 51 x 8 mm)
- clock format = four 7-segment digits with colon (no decimal points)
- numeric format = four 7-segment digits with right-hand decimal points (no colon)
- digit height = 0.56" (14.2 mm)
- digit color = red
- Connector J1: 5-pin male header
- display select, active low
- data clock
- serial data in
- Vdd, 5VDC
- Current: approximately 2 mA plus 1.5 mA per active segment or annunciator LED
Specify DB1-CLOCK or DB1-NUMERIC when ordering.
All products include:
- Assembled and tested
- Price = $17.25 Quantity discounts available!
- Full kit
- Price = $13.00
- Complete schematics in PDF format.
- Assembly/instruction manual in PDF format
- MC14489 data sheet in PDF format
[ Products ]
[ Home ]
[ How to Order ]
[ Data & Documentation ]