ENVIRONMENTAL DATA LOGGER
The ELOG1 is no longer available.
It was designed as a battery powered environmental data logger with serial interface.
The article describing this design appeared in the September 2012 edition of Circuit Cellar.
Lucid Technologies sold the last ELOG1 in September of 2012.
- Case (mm): 129.03 wide x 133.35 deep x 38.1 high
- Case (inches): 5.08 wide x 5.25 deep x 1.5 high
- Assembled with BP and RH options but without batteries: 255 grams (9 oz.)
- Power requirement:
- Internal - two AA batteries, alkaline or NiCd.
New alkaline batteries will power the ELOG1 for over a month.
- External - any DC source from +3.5 to +6 volts at 50 mA,
center positive coaxial power plug, 5.5 mm O.D., 2.1 mm I.D.
- Indicator LED:
- Off - normal operation.
- On steady - memory full.
- On flashing - low battery.
- Non-volatile memory:
- Data is retained when power is lost and can be downloaded later.
- 4K bytes of FLASH (program) memory.
- 16K bytes of EEPROM (data) memory.
- Analog inputs (sampled at 10-bit resolution):
- Temperature sensor - accuracy better than 2% of full scale.
- Light sensor - relative light intensity.
- Relative Humidity (RH) sensor option - range 20% to 90%, -20 to 60 °C, accuracy within ±2%.
- Barometric Pressure (BP) sensor option - range 65 to 105 kPa (9.4 to 15.2 psi), accuracy within ±1.5%.
Uses one external analog input.
- External - two available, one may be used for BP. Hardware configurable gain/filter options.
- Digital (switch) inputs:
- All three digital inputs are on the external input connector.
- One input where rising edges are counted during each sample period.
- Two inputs that are read at the end of each sample period.
[ Products ]
[ Home ]