LP110 to LP120 Upgrade
A special offer for owners of the LP110 EPROM programmer
If you haven't already done so please read the LP120 page.
The LP120 has two significant advantages over the LP110.
1) Not only is the programming voltage (Vpp) controllable, but the programming
socket voltage (Vps) is too. Both power supplies have increased current capacity.
The ability to vary both voltages, plus the increased current capacity, gives the LP120
the potential to program a much wider list of devices;
virtually any programmable device now in existence.
2) All device drivers are now uploaded from the host.
This allows the inclusion of more toolbox subroutines in the
LP120 firmware and makes for a consistent user interface.
Using parts from your LP110
The following chips can be removed from their sockets on your LP110:
MAX232 6264 62256 6803 78S40
74HC14 74HCT573 6821(2 pieces)
Your EPROM programming module(s) will work with the LP120,
no modifications are required.
With very little change, you can also recycle your LP110 power supply.
Whether bridge or center-tapped, the full-wave-rectified unregulated DC
voltage from your LP110 power supply should be in the right range for the
The upgrade kit
The upgrade kit is a special deal for owners of the LP110.
With the exception of the nine ICs you can recover from the LP110,
the upgrade kit includes the LP120 circuit board and everything
you'll need to finish it.
You will also receive:
The cost for the upgrade kit is only $81.00.
- LP120 User's Manual, including schematics.
- LP120 Developers' Guide
- Details on how to design programming modules.
- Details on writing device drivers.
- The source code for an example device driver.
- A self-test/calibration device driver.
- Provided at no-charge; a freeware DOS cross-assembler.
- Device drivers, programming-module schematics, and manuals for:
- 2716 thru 27256 EPROMs.
- Two others, of your choice, from the device driver list.
- Power supply schematics, based on 20V C.T. transformer.
If you have any questions please send email.
[ Home ]
[ LP120 ]